Sunday, February 18, 2007

Good Manifestations I: The "Height" of Awareness

We manifest what we think about. And what we think about most regularly involves what we see. So all the television watching, and Americans watch an average of 28 hours of it, is molding our manifestations in ways we are thoroughly unaware. This, in a nutshell, describes my reality, until fairly recently when the "unawareness" became no longer part of the equation.

In my post-adolescent years, Ally McBeal was the show. It’s what I watched most regularly after college. Even when homeless, every Monday night I laughed hysterically in the library media center where I watched Ally and gang under enclosed headsets. While working in Japan, not only had I the latest episodes sent to me, I taped and studied the older episodes being broadcast in Japanese. Then, when studying in Korea, after four years of hardly any television watching at all, I downloaded the entire third and fourth season, this time out of curiosity. There was something going on and I was going to get to the bottom of it.

The meaning, the intention?--The lightning bolts would not flash until viewing these photos I snapped yesterday.


















From the tall heights of a family friend’s hotel bedroom window, I had finally manifested the aerial sequence shots of Boston that characterize every episode of Ally McBeal! Was it not enough that I lived in Boston (more like Cambridge) and was surrounded every day by lawyers (more like law students)? Was I recreating the show visually, too? This Ally McBeal/law theme was getting out of hand, now starting to look like a giant billboard for the theatrical release of "The Law of Attraction" soon to be played at a human consciousness near you. But more to the tangible point, I was becoming more and more aware of the power to intentionally manifest my reality. See, I had asked "the gods" for the experience of seeing these aerial views of Boston (which are quite beautiful) and that I had no idea how I was going on to see. A. I do not have a helicopter and, B. hot air balloon riding still seems unrealistic. Naturally, I had forgotten about this desire until looking at these pictures. Presto-changeo. Wish granted. I’m satisfied, for now…

No comments: